New Segmenter Compiler: Benihime, 紅姫

updateA quick update on API refactorings! Here is a snapshot of what the code examined in the last post would look like with refactorings and improvements I have made so far:

Before:C#the code examined in the last post

After:

For segmenting streams into, say, words for example, one could also use something like SED on GNU/Linux, some regular expressions implementation of a programming language or whatever.

So why am I such an otaku? Why not just go with the given the naive and easy way?

Well, I am a performance and control freak and CIL is great fun and I feel 'pleasure' writing assembly code for a VM but most importantly, Benihime, 紅姫 makes the perfect training ground for learning language and compiler design.

Prior to getting into deep hack mode on Benihime, 紅姫, I had no idea about the differences between 'expressions', 'statements', 'branches' or 'stacks'. Implementing complex boolean expressions in conditional statements like if((c && pm) || pb) at assembly level was all not in my domain. But I can publish a C#tutorial on that today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Levenshtein Distance Algorithm: Fastest Implementation in C#

WordSmith Tools 5.0, Tenka Text in China

Mono 1.2.5 binaries for Solaris 10/x86